Here are some of our tips when creating your video adverts for Facebook.
1. Make them square. 90% of Facebook’s daily users access it on mobile phones, plus people like to multi task when browsing Facebook so holding the phone horizontally just takes too long. By making your video square it will take up more of the screen and therefore look bigger so your video is more likely to catch their attention.
2. Caption your video. We covered why you should caption your video in detail on our previous video blog so check it out. Captions offer better engagement as most viewers will have the sound off by default.
3. Avoid opening titles. Facebook users want information fast so don’t make them watch an opening title otherwise they’re likely to scroll right past your video before it’s even started.
4. Get in late and leave early. Tell them what you have to offer within the first 3 - 5 seconds and keep it short, the average view of an advert on Facebook is only about 10 - 15 seconds.
5. Pick a great thumbnail. Not everyone will have autoplay on. So make sure your thumbnail is intriguing and invites them to hit play.
Finally make sure you have a good description of what you’re selling with a clear call to action.